Saturday, August 23, 2008

Self Love



Ok, so MRI last friday, appointment with the neurologist yesterday. He was a funny guy, made the news a little less scary. Turns out I have swelling in my spinal cord which means either my nervous system is fighting off a virus (how do you get a virus in your spinal cord?) or possibly I have MS. Yes, that's a little scary to say. I don't think that's what it is though. I think it's just a fluke. I think the swelling will go away without any interference from me (except for a diet of all-natural healthful foods) and without intervention from the doctors. What more can I say?

I just turned the corner on my 20s. Adios my dear little 20s. I will miss you, but I have bigger fish to fry. This year, this 30th year of mine, is all about me and getting me healthy so that I don't have to go through someting like this again. Bleh. The MRI alone is enough to make me cry. I can't believe I have to have another one...this time for my brain..."only your head will be in there," so my husband says. Silly man, it makes no difference. It's a yucky experience...one that perhaps will be softened by a martini, or a glass of wine...anything to keep me from feeling claustrophobic, I am not generally so, but this little tube...ugh...it gets to me. That and the noises...I imagined them as words last time...one of them repeatedly said, "back, back, back, back," another said "pow, pow, pow, pow." I know it's weird. It makes you feel a little crazy. So looking forward to it again!!

No comments: