Friday, August 8, 2008

Numbed by Time

birds in flight

Phew, so much to do, so little time. I'll make this as short and sweet and non-whiny as possible. :o)

It seems that I am finally settling into the busy mommy phase. For quite a while there I had lots of time to take and process photos, to blog, to clean (hah, right!), to do whatever I wanted with my time. But now, instead of being a sleepy-head, Emma is just a ball of energy, wanting to play, talk (or coo), be walked around and otherwise occupy my time. So I am struggling to keep up with my other stuff and finding less and less time and fewer opportunities to take photos and let's just forget about the house cleaning. I realized the other day that as I clean the other one comes right behind me and makes more messes...it's almost comical. She also comes right behind me and leaves her little cars, so that when I turn away from the kitchen sink I almost always collide with something and barely escape disaster. My sister and I had a good laugh about that when we noticed the habit a few weeks ago.

On another note, I'm only slightly concerned that I am having some numbness in my left hand and left leg...it must be a pinched nerve but the doc. seemed confused that I would have both hand and leg numbness at the same time. I also have tingles in my left foot every time I look down. The strange thing is that my back doesn't hurt any more than normal, I haven't lost any strength thankfully and I can't pin-point anything that would have triggered this, it's all sorts of strange. So, the doc. ordered an MRI (no x-ray since I'm still breast feeding). Hopefully it's nothing more than a pinched nerve and I have a crooked spine...i know I do...and it's just causing all sorts of weirdo things to occur. I think a little physical therapy is in order!!! I hope so anyway.

So the pic above is from me jumping out of the car on the way to get it washed. I saw all these birds on the lines and they kept lifting off and taking flight. By the time I changed my lens though, they were settling down a bit and we had to go, grouchy baby and all that! I'll take what I can get though.

1 comment:

Bridge said...

LOVELY...this looks like a painting.