Monday, April 21, 2008

No two alike

I suppose you can't expect your labor to be the same from one baby to the next. But I was sure last night I would be calling the family and telling them all to come over this morning. I was awake from about 1:30 to 4:30 with some pretty decent contractions, granted they never seemed to get into a good solid pattern which is why I let my husband sleep, but there they were...getting my hopes up. When that happened with Lily, I knew that was it, I knew there would be no turning back at that point...so, I just assumed that this was the same. I suppose if I have to experience labor in bits and pieces over the next few days or weeks it's worth it in the long run if it's a faster labor in the end...wishful thinking maybe. :o)

So, here I am spending the day getting ready. We have a dr. appt. this afternoon, maybe she'll have something to add. But the rest of the day will be spent getting everything ready that isn't ready already...hee. Namely the no-fun stuff that should have gotten done over the weekend but somehow didn't, like laundry and dishes, cleaning the bathrooms and the spare bedroom for overnight guests. Maybe all this movement will get things started...yes, more wishful thinking...sigh.



Meanwhile, my snapping days may be slowing to a crawl once the baby gets here, I like to think that things won't change too much after her arrival, but I learned my lesson on that the first time around. So, here's the latest and greatest photo up in the shop. I sooo like this one which was photographed just yesterday on an outing just up the hill from home...Oak trees are fantastic aren't they? Just as in labor, you'll never find two exactly alike. I hope to do a whole series of photos on them someday.

No comments: