Friday, April 18, 2008

Heidi Herrera Studio Launched!






Yay! I have a lot to yay about lately, don't I? I finally launched my studio site on Etsy.

heidiherrerastudio.etsy.com

I have been wanting to sell photos for a while now and I feel like I'm reaching a stride with my altering techniques. Originally I wanted to use some of the older photos that I have taken, but I've been so busy snapping away and have had some wonderful new material to work with...so, it's all new stuff up right now! I liked my photos before, I really did...but I absolutely love them now. I have such a great time taking each photo and personalizing it, making it mine, almost like a painting. In fact some of them remind me of paintings. I never felt this comfortable when I was painting or illustrating, for some reason I always felt a great pressure, as opposed to a freedom of expression. Though I don't think I've given up artwork completely and some illustrations may sneak up on the site occasionally.

For now, I am using my home printer, (a Canon i9900) which is a fabulous, wonderful, printer that prints beautiful, bright colors and prints up to 13x19. However, I think that I will look into a professional online printer and offer prints on fine art watercolor paper and/or canvas giclee prints...I think I'll start small though for now.

In addition to starting the site I also printed some of my photos and hung them up in our local bagel shop! YAY! They look so good. They just add a pop of color to the shop. I'll try to take a picture to post up later. I was sooooo hungry for a bagel this morning that I actually forgot to take my camera with me...doh!

No comments: