Friday, April 25, 2008

I think I'll try something new...



I tend to get on the bandwagon on the tail-end of things, such is my luck, but I'm seriously considering doing TtVs (aka. Through the Viewfinder). TtVs are photographs taken with your digital camera using a vintage camera (such as a Kodak Duaflex) as the viewing source.

Wanna see some TtVs? Go here TtV Flickr Group.

I know these photos have become popular but I had never even chanced upon them until I went in search of photos on Etsy. Now I am in love! In fact, they acheieve the same effect, only perhaps better, that I try to acheive in my vintage-inspire altered photos. I'm not sure how long the TtV phenomenon will last, and I really don't care. What I decided since I opened up my photo shop was that I love what I do...and when you love what you do, you should stick with it right? It's not all about money, though that would be a nice fringe-benefit...it's about making yourself happy. If you have a passion for something, never let it go!

So, here I am, searching for any info on TtV (and amazingly there is so much available info, it's great!), been up for about 3 or 4 hours...though I did spend most of that time lying in bed, trying desperately to go back to sleep, obviously with no luck. My poor little Lily isn't feeling good. Running a low-grade fever with no other real symptoms to speak of since last night and generally when that happens she ends up in bed with us, usually with one hand tucked inside my shirt (her one and only bad habit so far) and snuggled up so close that she inevitably scoots me off my pillow. I was finally able to sneak out of bed though, decided to do some research to slow the turning wheels in my head. Just me and baby, keeping busy, waiting for everyone to wake up and contemplating taking on something new.

No comments: