Friday, February 22, 2008

Free Love



coffee and acrylic paint on watercolor paper

This is what my heart feels like at times now. The greatest thing is that I realize that I can allow...even force my heart to feel this way anytime I want. This week I have been down and out with a pretty bad cold...fever, chills, head and chest congestion...not so much fun. It's difficult to force your heart into this loving place when your head feels like it's about to melt into a pool on your chest and your chest feels like tendrils of fire are streaking through it with each cough. So, I just tried to keep my heart light and open for the sake of my daughter since papa is trying to save vacation time for the new baby's arrival. It did me good...my patience may have been a tad short at times but I felt that was to be expected. I'm so thankful that no one else has gotten sick.

I ventured out to the grocery store for the first time this week and I could tell that my mood was no good and it reflected in the events that unfolded around me in the grocery store. As I was ready to pull out of the parking lot to go home, I began to cry about my horrible experience and immediately recognized that I had brought it all on myself. I went into the store with an ugly attitude and ugly attitude was what seemed to come back to me. So, with this recognition I stopped crying and vowed not to rehash each little incident that had occured during that visit. I began to back out of my parking space, very aware of the other cars around me, but somehow I missed the girl who sped up behind me...thankfully I didn't hit her car, but she did startle me and I slammed the brakes and cursed...which was promptly repeated by my daughter...ooops (I can laugh now). I realized that this could fowl up my resolution and I vowed to forget about this incident too. So, now I can take a rational look and understand that these happenings were minor incidents and did not have to have any further affect on my day and while I can still recall some of them in my mind at this moment...I won't remember them tomorrow, so why let them affect me today?

I went on to have a super productive day and an amazing evening with my family.

So, when rotten things are happening, just remember that you can free your heart in any moment of funk and simply release the negative energy that is clouding your day, your moment, your life...

No comments: