Saturday, May 16, 2009

Away Too Long and Thoughts on Sharing


Two of my favorite things...dandelions and fire-hydrants. :o)

I'm not exactly sure why I have strayed so far from blogging lately. I suppose a few things are to blame. It's spring (though it feels much more summery right now!!!) which means I've been super busy with my garden and playing outside with the girls. I have also reaquainted myself with my camera and cannot stop taking pictures. AND, I suppose this may be more to blame than anything, I feel like writing most when I am upset or something is going wrong with my body, which seems to be the norm lately. And I really don't want that to always be the tone of this blog...sometimes you just can't avoid it though as our thoughts center around what is most prominent in our lives at the time...

...so here's a little update on my health...I have had trouble breathing for a couple weeks, for the past five days my breathing has been constantly a challenge, when I do catch my breath it is the most heavenly feeling of relief (don't get me wrong, even though I can't breath well, I can't just sit at home...you will still find me running around town, having dinner, taking the girls to the park, walking to the store. Me sit around? Hah, that just doesn't happen!). My doctor and I agreed that I should go off my MS medication to see if that was the cause...since then my tingles have returned with a vengeance and while I have not had any improvement in my breathing whatsoever, I can now say that I see the benefit of my medication 100% and will no longer complain about the daily needles! I am looking forward to taking my injections now, really, I know that sounds strange but I have seen the light! I have an echocardiogram scheduled next week, if that comes back negative my doctor wants to consider anxiety/panic attacks...I am so opposed to this diagnosis because I am finally getting into the swing of my hobbies again and I am very happy with Emma's newfound independence, nothing there to cause anxiety!!! Plus, I just know me and I know that I have stress like all other mommies, but my breathing is no worse during those stressful times than it is when I am peacefully working in the garden. In fact, I can honestly say that the effort put into gardening causes my breathing difficulties to escalate. I am trying to convince my doctor once again to test my thyroid. I feel strongly that it may be the culprit for my difficulty breathing. Sometimes I think blaming stress and anxiety is an easy route for doctors when they just can't figure things out.

I do like to share my health issues here in my blog (though I will not make it a daily occurence, I promise!), I know it's not the most fun reading but there are other people out there who may get some benefit from what I can share. And I find sharing to be immensely important. Especially when mommies share...we all go a little crazy after we have kids and we need to know we are not alone. We all go a little mental when we are diagnosed with something and had expected to live our lives without such a challenge. In these instances, sharing is a necessity. We all need to find inspiration and support in each other at times when we feel we can't seem to lift ourselves up all alone. That is why I read other blogs, that is why I am on Flickr and why I am on Facebook. Being a stay at home mommy is especially lonesome at times and I find such joy, inspiration and support in my online communities!!

Oh and because I promised cupcake pics and then went AWOL, here's the yummiest vegan cupcake I've made so far (chocolate mint!)...


...and here's a picture of Emma enjoying her vanilla cupcake on her first birthday...I think she likes it!!!

No comments: