Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OMG! Yummy!

OMG!! No I'm not 15, I just like the term OMG! Don't you just love the term OMG?!?!?I'd rather be 30 anyway...isn't 30 just so much better than 15? No curfew, no parents nagging about chores, no homework. AND you can make all the cupcakes you want whenever you want, at least until the hubs says to stop because you're running out of money because you can't stop making cupcakes. Ok, so I'm not there yet, but I bet I will be soon!!

I have been reading way too much about the toll eating so much meat, dairy and eggs (as most of us do) is taking on our bodies...ie. cancer, heart disease, MS, bladah, blah. On top of that, having read so much, I just can't bring myself to eat meat from an animal that is treated so mind bogglingly horrific (as most are)...so there you have it. Vegan and Me. To tell you the truth I love it. I haven't eaten anything resembling real meat, dairy or eggs in almost two weeks and I don't care. Granted, I sometimes find myself missing cheese, but all I have to do is think of the studies done on milk and MS and I don't miss it so much anymore.

The best part about being Vegan, the cupcakes! Yup, Vegan cupcakes...and cookies...and scones...and cakes...and pies...and I bet you thought Vegans couldn't possibly have so much fun! I bet you thought it was all about tofu and salad greens...well there is some of that as well. But seriously, I'd rather talk about the cupcakes. Lily and I have a cupcake date, it's penciled in for this Friday (since Alex will be home to corral Em). I can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, and we vacayed (much needed!!!) in Monterey for several days...I'll fill you in on that later too.

No comments: