Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I'm so glad for the holdays to be over. The only part that I'm sad about is that Alex has to return to work tomorrow after being home since December 22nd. Him being home was fabulous! The holidays weren't too stressful this year. With Lily being a little older we were able to travel without any big to-dos. Plus, we've been home since Christmas just doing STUFF. All in all though we've had some pretty rough days with BAD things happening and Christmas didn't pan out quite the way we thought it would...I'm just chalking it up to the year 2007 being our year to give more than we got. By far Lily had a great Christmas and has loved every minute of being together with mom and dad and I think that's what matters most.

I'm looking forward to 2008. I'm looking forward to a blessed year with some wonderful happenings. We have a new baby coming and who couldn't be excited about that?!?! Lily will have a little sister soon and I pray that she takes it all in stride. I think she'll be a great big sister, though it may take her some time to adjust to a baby that can't interact and play for awhile. Even with the baby coming I plan to step up my creative pursuits...perhaps it's because I'm turning 30 this year...a thought that simultaneously makes my heart leap with excitement while my face cringes. 30 is just another number but it still stands for something...I'm not where I want to be and haven't accomplished as much as I would like yet but I've always loved the thought of getting older. I feel more comfortable with myself...I have nothing to prove, I don't have to be beautiful, I don't have to appear accomplished to others, I don't have to pretend to be anyone but me, I just have to make ME happy. My husand, children and extended family help make me happy, my creativity makes me happy, the goals and objectives that I have set for myself make me happy (a little fearful too, but all new pursuits are like that). This year I'm starting off small, with a journal which I hope will lead to many exciting, nurturing and friutful experiences (yes, I believe a journal can do that)...



Here's to creativity and happy journaling!!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: