Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My favorite fire hydrant

Odd but true...the hydrant below was my favorite...before it was replaced that is.



It was fire engine red and in the middle of a park along the bike trail and it shone like a beacon in the middle of the summer. It blended in with the foliage in the fall and it was one of my favorite fire hydrants to photograph. Why photograph fire hydrants? I don't know, there are so many different types...they're just cool. This is what it was replaced with.



It's not completely lacking in character...the hydrant itself is kinda cool, but the yellow posts around it detract from the hydrant and don't make for great photographic subjects. I'm really going to miss the fire engine red one but if this one will help fight fires along the river better, it's a minor sacrifice.

No comments: