Monday, October 22, 2007

I Reseve the Right

fyi...I revised this post...I originally meant it as more of an affirmation for myself, something to give me strength, courage and encouragement but it came off a little more angry than I meant...so here goes try #2...

From this moment forward, I reserve the right to say NO.

I free myself from feelings of obligation. I free myself from feelings of guilt. Husband, child, family member, friend, acquaintance...I've always been understanding when you've said no, I've always given an easy way out if things don't work out, I've always respected your no unconditionally without feeling the need to pressure you further...please do the same for me. Feeling guilty for saying no sucks and I would hate for you to feel that way because of me.

All my love and respect go into this request and affirmation...I just need to feel a little more free to be me.

No comments: