Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Deep Breaths


I can't remember the last time I was this relaxed. Alex has been home since noon on Friday. We've been taking turns with bug. I've been able to nap and pause to take deep cleansing breaths.

Lily loves it too. She's never given so many kisses. It's too cute...when she gives me one, she has to go to papa and give him one as well. I think I got a total of three today and five yesterday. Which is probably more that the total amount of kisses I've gotten from her since she began giving them. She's been difficult lately, she's very head-strong and starting her tantrum phase, but those kisses melt me and I feel like we can start over fresh. She's also talking amzingly well. She even said "hi momma" and waved to me when I walked in to see how her bath was going last night. That was amazing.

It's been so great to stick around the house while Alex has been off. Most of the time we travel for a vacation, but this staying home was much needed...I feel as if I've had completely new experiences in what is generally such a routine environment for Lily and I. We've gone driving each day, partially to explore and partially to get Lily to sleep. We've discovered and rediscovered new and wonderful coffee shops and we've enjoyed each other more than we have in a long time. It's so easy to become disconnected with so many responsibilities. Tomorrow is the last day off, but it's been so great, I'm looking forward to the next relaxing vacation.

No comments: