Friday, September 26, 2008

The Crazy Busy Calm

Two weeks post diagnosis and I can't actually say that I've handled the news with the utmost of grace. Though, I'm not quite sure how anyone is supposed to handle news like this.

All I can say is that I feel much better now. I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. I can hardly wait to pick up my camera again. I feel like it's been forever. I felt like I needed to check out of all things that were extraneous to my home life for a while. Too many thoughts swirling in my head that needed attention. Honestly, I think I just needed to weed through them all and determine which actually needed attention and which needed to be ignored due to their destructive nature. I feel like I'm there now, bad thoughts gone, good ones here to stay. Head back on straight and ready to spread my attention again. Phew!

My little girls...I so need to get more pictures of them. Hopefully this weekend will make for some good opportunities. I actually have some from last weekend that include a birthday party for one of Lily's little friends that I haven't even downloaded yet...that is an amazing feat in itself. Pictures that are still on the camera card?!?!?!? Why, that's unheard of!

Things I'm working on:

-Organization, Organization, Organization!!!! New cubby style bookcases make for super-duper organization! Woo-hoo, let the oraganization craziness begin!

-Moving the girls to their new, bigger room, with the cutest cupcake sprinkles motif done by yours truly!!!

-Planning the new vegetable planters for the backyard! I can hardly wait!

-Scarves, scarves and more scarves. Finishing scarves from last year and inventing new ones for this year!!! How many scarves can one girl have???? Never enough I say!!!! Hah hah!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh, I'm so happy you're feeling better and getting back into the swing of things. Sometimes you just have to step back, set a new direction, and go!