Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Can't Sleep...

...weeellll, most of the time I can but I keep having these ideas for dolls/plush animals and until I act on them I can't sleep. I tried so hard the other day to take a nap with my daughter but this doll idea popped into my head and my wheels began turning and I think that was the longest couple of hours stuck waiting for my daughter to wake up...she was sleeping on me you see and generally if that's how she falls asleep that's how I stay or she will wake up and be grouchy and make it impossible for me to get anything done. I'm justing waiting to see how that pans out when the new one comes along...eeeek.

So, as soon as I could, I got up and started sketching and making my pattern and cutting and then I made my doll. And I liked her. But she needed some tweaking. So, I went back to the drawing board and came up with this one.









She's a keeper. She's all fininshed and super cute. (I'm not sure why but I just fall in love with all these plush babies I've been making...I suppose that's a good thing). Anyhow, her dress is completely removable so that she can wear any dress I make for her and I plan on making several. So far she's not up on ETSY but I think after I have a friend or two for her they will all show up there for the party.

No comments: