Tuesday, May 22, 2007

IF - Signs


"Maybe This is a Sign"


This Friday's IF topic just happened to be "signs," which just happened to be my second painting idea using my four acrylic paints bought recently. So, I began the painting and suddenly realized that four colors weren't exactly going to work for this one and I had to go out and buy more...ah, well, what's a girl to do? No problem, I just get to paint more stuff with more color and I made sure that I bought some of my favorites since it may be a awhile until I shop for more.

I finished this one in good time so I have high hopes that I can finish the next soon too, though, we are going to be gone A LOT in the next four weeks. Perhaps even a two week trip to Kansas City for the hubbie's job. What's there to do in KC during the day with a 1 year old????

8 comments:

Janice Ykema said...

nicely balanced pic.... ! i like the whitedress contrasted with the black cat....

studio lolo said...

Nice concept1 I'd go with my gut if I were her. Besides, cats are very intuitive too!

Designing Fairy said...

nice textures you used in the background.

Nicole Florian said...

Very interesting, unusual association: a bride and a black cat...Difficult step!

bookbabie said...

what a great way to illo the topic, pretty painting:)

Unknown said...

hysterical!!!

Greg Hartman said...

Run for Godsake! :0) She may want to take the side of superstition on this one. Great concept and beautiful background.

Anonymous said...

i love this!